Thursday 11 August 2011

World Cup Round 6, La Bresse

Last weekend was the 6th round of the World Cup series in the small town of La Bresse, France.
After breaking a couple of bones in my hand at the last World Cup in Windham, i wasn't sure whether i would be able to race in La Bresse or not, but after cutting of the cast on the Monday before the race to see how it was feeling, i decided i would race, although it wasn't feeling too flash after being in a cast for the last couple of weeks, but i didn't want to loose my 19th position in the World Cup overall!

We headed up to France on Wednesday and after about 10 hours of travelling and being stuck in traffic jams we finally arrived!


Thursday was track walk, and the track was looking pretty much the same as it was for the World Cup back in 2009, although the had made a few small changes to help it flow a bit better.

Friday was the first day of practice and i wasn't really to sure what to expect as it was my first day on the bike since Windham.After getting the first practice run over with my hand wasn't feeling the best but it wasn't too bad, and the track was good fun to ride especially with the rain the days before in the open grass sections! I got 4 runs in before my hand started feeling a bit average so i decided to head up and walk the track.

Saturday was practice and Qualifying in the afternoon, after changing to dry tires and getting a couple of good practice runs in, it was qualifying time, and i ended up in 39th with a pretty slow run, on a short 2 minute track like this though the times were super tight!

Sunday was race day and after a massive storm overnight the track was looking super wet and loose! so my aim for practice in the morning was just to tidy up my lines and try carry some good speed. but after 2 days of riding my hand had taken a bit of a hammering and wasn't feeling good at all, I got half way down the track and had to pull off and ride down the road. I decided to sit out practice and give the hand a bit of a rest and hope it was feeling better for the finals. Finals came around and after re-strapping my hand a bit differently it wasn't feeling to bad, but I wasn't too sure what to expect from the track after not doing practice.

I ended up having a pretty messy run with a few too many mistakes for a short track, and i ended up in 42nd place, not so stoked, but it was enough to keep my 19th in the overall standings.
Next up is the World Cup final in Val di Sole in Italy, so hopefully my hands feeling a bit better by then and i can get back in that top 20!

No comments:

Post a Comment